Okay, so I’m currently planning a great surprise for the hubbs. (I’ll show you guys on another blog) ! To all my married couples, you know how it is. Its good to spice things up a little bit. Below are some gifts I found that are great for your man and if you want to make it a little more intimate, you can make something for him. Which I also put the link down below to my Pinterest. Happy Lovers day everyone !
Hey guys! I’m currently doing hot yoga and its the BEST thing E V E R! I have problems with my spine and I struggle to fall asleep at night because my back hurts so much. By the second class, I could already notice a great difference in my back. I could sleep soooo much better. Yoga is such a great experience, and the aftermath is amazing. It has many benefits, but I wont get into that right now. What I would like to share with you today is how to be prepared for class. I would like to add one thing that I had forgotten and its so important. BRING A WATER BOTTLE TO CLASS.
I loved this quote!
I hope you guys try yoga if you haven’t already. It’s truly amazing!
I know everyone, like me, can have a pretty hard time figuring out what to eat and what not to eat when starting a healthy lifestyle. Below I typed 10 foods you can eat that are part of a healthy diet and also help you stay in shape! YAY! When I started on my healthy lifestyle, fitfam journey, I did SOOO much research on foods, recipes, workouts, right foods, what not to eat, and all that good stuff. There was so much information, I just got overwhelmed by it all. There is nothing I want more than to help you guys in making the right choices when it comes to living the healthy lifestyle you want. That being said, everyone is different and not everyone can eat the same foods as everyone else and expect the same results. Maybe you can’t even eat the foods because you have a sensitivity or are allergic to it. Whatever the case may be, always listen to your body and/or speak to your doctor to find a good meal plan that works for you.
10 Fat Burning Foods
- Green Tea
- Egg Whites
- Green Veggies
- Whole Grains
- Peanut Butter
- WATER (it may not be a food but this is so unbelievably important)!
When it comes to beauty care I only use coconut oil. I LOVE how it works on my skin.
After my work out I spray coconut water hydrating face mist. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It leaves my skin super radiant and so soft.
To remove my makeup at night I use actual Coconut oil. I always get it at marshalls. Its cheaper and it lasts me so long!
For a leave on mask while I sleep I use Coconut oil sleep mask.
Disregard my cat in the picture lol he LOVES coconut oil. Its weird, he always wants to lick my face when I put it on.
Coconut oil works wonders! Don’t you agree ?
You may or may not be familiar with cleanses or how the body detoxifies itself. If you are familiar with this subject, that’s great! All I want is for you guys to be aware of everything health. If you are not familiar, then I hope you enjoy learning and reading about your body and how to stay healthy.
Lets help our bodies stay on top of it’s game
Before talking about the complete body cleanse, know that the body actually detoxifies itself.
How does the body detoxify itself?
What is a detox? To clear the body of toxins.
What are toxins? Toxins cause harm to our bodies and they can be anywhere; in the water we drink, in the food we eat, and it can also be in the air we breathe. They can be: highly processed foods and artificial ingredients, pollution in our air and water, pesticides, fertilizers, hormones used in our foods and more.
- SKIN let out toxins by sweating.
- LIVER detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes drugs.
- LUNGS helps the body get rid of CO2 gas when we breathe out.
- LARGE INTESTINE transmits the useless waste material from the body.
- KIDNEYS extract waste from blood and through urination.
Your body is always working on detoxifying itself. It’s our job to help our organs be at their full potential. This involves lifestyle changes, as well as committing to a detox plan for a while. (preferably organic)
4 Ways To Detox Your Body
1. Choose REAL FOOD
2. Drink ALOT of water
4. Do a Complete Body Detox
These are not all the things you can do to help your body detox itself but its some.
The Complete Body Cleanse
Okay, so lately I’ve been feeling super weird in my stomach. I wanted to do a stomach cleanse but then I started thinking… I would so much rather do the whole deal! Your body goes through a lot without you even realizing it. Since I’ve never done a cleanse and I occasionally eat the “bad foods”, I wanted to give the whole body cleanse a try.
About this specific body cleanse
Lasts for 14 days
All capsules taken in morning and night with 8 ounces of water
Contains: 3 bottles
- Cleansing fiber blend.
- Non-stimulant laxative with herbal blend to utilize the natural water in your body to help flush toxins away.
- Milk Thistle Liver Cleanse to support liver function.
While doing this cleanse I have to drink a lot of water, eat a healthy diet and no intense exercise. (Only yoga)
I can’t wait to try this out and see how I feel! Has anyone ever done a total body cleanse ? I would like to know your experience and how it helped you. !
Sometimes you just don’t want to work out or eat healthy. You loose that motivation and that’s normal, it happens every now and then. I know I struggle to wake up at 5am some days to get that morning workout in.
Some ways I stay motivated
- I have a Tumblr blog where I post and look at fitness pictures. (I try to look at it every morning when I wake up). It helps me a lot to get up and go to that morning crossfit class. (You can take a look, you’ll find it on my blog under blogroll. Scroll all the way down).
- I only buy healthy food. I have a box of organic cookies for when that sweet tooth kicks in.
- I read other fitness blogs and get ideas for recipes and workouts.
- I wash my hair only on days I work out.
- I say to myself only 10 minutes and if I want to leave I’ll leave. When I say that it makes me feel like no one is making me stay and it’s not something I HAVE to do, since it’s not something I HAVE to do. The feeling turns into something I WANT to do.
- I think about how bad and lazy and tired I’ll feel if I don’t workout. The guilt of not working out gets me up in the morning as well.
Ways to stay motivated
- Make a fitness board and put it where you always see it.
- Having trouble going for a run? Download zombies run app. It’s a really cool app that makes it seem like your running away from zombies. With headphones on you can hear them like they were right behind you. It also has a lot of more cool features you should check it out!
- Wear tighter clothes. Wearing loose clothes tends to make you more comfortable and people usually tend to gain a couple of pounds.
- Start a hobby that helps you stay active. (Yoga,run,crossfit,bicycling,aerial yoga, pole dancing).
- Follow fitness blogs/Instagrams.
- Wash hair only on days that you work out.
- Buy cute leggings and tops to work out in.
- Wear the cute leggings and top.
- Try group fitness. Having other people around you striving to get fit and working out gives of a good energy and gets you pumped.
- Work out in the morning. When you do, you get it out of the way faster and you don’t have to think about working out the whole day which can make you start dread it.
- Buy a cute dress (smaller than your actual size) and hang it somewhere. Wear it when you drop the weight you want.
- Take pictures in your work out clothes. After that intense workout. Take a cute picture of yourself doing yoga and share it on your social media profile. Going through your social media and seeing all the cute pictures of you working out helps to stay motivated.
How do you guys stay motivated ? I would seriously love to hear! Please share.
I’ve been making this acai bowl for EVERYONE. My hubby asks for it so much and I make it almost every breakfast! It’s so easy to make and it’s seriously sooooo yummy!
Ingredients for bowl
- Acai powder
- Moringa powder
- Honey 2 spoons
- Coconut water
- Sun potion powders
- Coconut flakes
- Lara bar chocolate chip cookie dough
- Wild friends pumpkin spice peanut butter
Acai bowls are literally my favorite go to meal. It’s so simple to do and it can be done in less then 5 minutes. First I put the frozen fruits then I add all the powders, honey, coconut water about half way through the ingredients (not the blender). Then I blend ! You guys don’t really need to add the sunpotions or the moringa powder. I add it because of its health benefits but it doesn’t make a difference in the taste. For toppings I usually put what you see in my picture but it all depends on what you like! Some fruits, granola, coconut flakes, whatever you want. Have fun with it ! And remember not to blend to much. You want to make it a smooth & creamy consistency. I hope you guys enjoy! I seriously LOVE this recipe!